STRAW Simulation is called as Streetrandom WayPoint mobility model. Random waypoint model simulation does not need require origin destination information. Straw Simulator involves in determining vehicle’s trajectory at each intersection. For Example (traffic control.speed limits and multiple lanes).
Advantages of using Straw Simulator:
- Low Overhead.
- Easy to configure.
- Loads free map data for entire US.
- Used for Route Management and Execution Component.
- Used for Road Segment on below categories
- Average maximum speed.
- STRAW simulator is implemented as part of SWANS ( Scalable Wireless Ad-Hoc Network Simulator).
- More realistic appropriate details are available for Straw Simulator.
- Accurate network simulation for vehicular network is performed using Straw simulator.
Initialization procedures of STRAW Simulator:
- Loads Road Segments, Names and Shapes for Rectangular Region.
- Nodes placed on rabndom streets and lanes.
Mobility Types in STRAW Simulator:
- Intra Segment Mobility supports car-following model, cruising speed and acceleration/deceleration.
- Inter Segment Mobility supports timed stoplights, stop signs and highway merge.
Future Process of STRAW Simulator:
- Provision of effective mobility aware communication protocols.
- Content distribution on VANET.
- Middleware for VANET applications.
Minimizing bandwidth on peering links with deflection in named data networking
Fast enlarging a BitTorrent Swarm via social networking
Optical networking research in Europe
An architectural view of service overlay networking platform for future user-centric networking
RDAI: Router-Based Data Aggregates Identification Mechanism for Named Data Networking
Scalable lunar surface networks and adaptive orbit access
An End-to-End Solution to Scalable Unstructured P2P Networking
Fast name lookup for Named Data Networking
Ultra high-speed networking solution: Fibre Channel Architecture and its implementation
The utilization of Social Networking Service and Japanese manga in strategic user generated design
160-Gb/s optical networking: a prospective techno-economical analysis
Industrial and building networking for automation: a laboratory-based course for every E&C engineering department
An 800 Mb/s physical layer LSI with hybrid port architecture for consumer electronics networking
Simulation Environment for Autonomic Cooperative Networking in Indoor Scenario
Analysis of CSMA/CA protocol for wireless networking of ATM multiservice applications
Analyzing Privacy Designs of Mobile Social Networking Applications
IEEE 802.15.4 Simulation Module in Network Simulator GTNetS
Inter-Chunk Popularity-Based Edge-First Caching in Content-Centric Networking
adaptive mobile multimedia networks
Topology-based data dissemination approaches for large scale data centric networking architecture
Reliable multicast data delivery for military networking
Different implementation of network level in embedded networking with QoS