TOSSIM simulator is a final year projects for specks via conceptualizing hardware function and software modeling. We comprise also a sensor network with large number of small hardware devices. Our Tos-sim simulator projects in which detention on the network topics.
What is TOS-SIM:
- Tossim is also a type of simulator used in TINY OS.
- Directly compile from Tiny OS.
- It has also an extensible network
- Simultaneously tossim simulate thousands of nodes.
- Also in TOS-SIM is a library
Features of TOSSIM:
- TOSSIM uses two interfaces which are,
- and also a Python
- Simulate MicaZ mote.
- To model radio noise it uses CPM (Closest-fit Pattern Matching).
Other TOS-SIM Features:
- Injecting packets
- Also Inspecting internal variables
- C++ interface
- And also Debugging using gdb
- A TinyViz plugin is a software module
- It watches for events coming from the simulation
- The main plugins likely to use are:
- Debug messages
- Set breakpoint
- ADC readings
- Sent radio packets
- Radio links
- Set location
- and also Radio model
- Tiny OS provide direct access to the radio through several interfaces which includes:
- Tiny OS provide Active Message (AM) layer to multiple access to the radio
- AM layers are similar function to Ethernet frame type.
- we also in AM layer also includes destination field.
- and also in It stores the AM Address
from TOSSIM import *
import sys, os, getopt
optSimDuration = __SIMULATION_DURATION_SECS__
optNumNodes = __NUM_NODES__
optLowRadioFidelity = True
ONE_SECOND = 10000000000
print ‘Usage: runTossim.py [-options]’
print ‘\t\tto run the Tossim simulation.\n’
print ‘where options include:’
print ‘-h, –help\tdisplay this message’
print ‘–duration <t> in seconds\n\tdefault: ‘ + str(optSimDuration)
print ‘–num-nodes <n>\n\tdefault: ‘ + str(optNumNodes)
print ‘–low-radio-fidelity [true|false]\n\tdefault:’ + str(optLowRadioFidelity) + ” (set to true for faster simulations)”
#Converts a string to boolean based on the value of the first character.
if text == ”:
if text in (‘T’,’t’):
if text in (‘F’,’f’):
print ‘Cannot convert “‘+text+'” to boolean value’