- A collection of directed arcs connecting places and transitions is defined as petri net.
- Places may hold tokens.
- Marking of a net is its assignment of tokens to places.
- Petri net consists of
- Arcs run from a place to a transition or vice versa.
- Not between places or between transitions
- Places in a Petri net may contain a discrete number of marks called tokens.
Purpose of the Petri Nets:
- It is to provide a variety of online services for the international Petri Nets community.
- mailing lists
- tool databases
- Reversibility and home state
- Synchronic distance
Techniques used in Structural analysis:
Structural analysis makes it possible to prove some properties without constructing the reachability graph.
- Place invariants
- Business Process Modeling
- Concurrent programming
- Data analysis
- Diagnosis (Artificial intelligence)
- Discrete process control
- Kahn process networks
- Process Modeling
- Reliability engineering
- Software design
- Workflow management systems
def RunSimulation(this, iterations, initialLabelling):
this.PrintHeader() # prints e.g. “H, O, H2O”
this.labelling = initialLabelling
this.PrintLabelling() # prints e.g. “3, 5, 2”
for i in range(iterations):
print “iterations completed”
return filter(lambda transition: transition.IsEnabled(this.labelling), this.transitions)
return len(this.EnabledTransitions()) == 0
def SelectRandom(this, items):
randomIndex = randrange(len(items))