Tossim is a discrete event simulator framework for TinyOS wireless sensor network. Instead of NS2, we implement Tossim which capture the network behavior and attraction based on bit granularity not on packet level. We operate in sensor network called motes which deployed from IEEE based papers. Motes referred as tiny sensing and computation device for limited communication, computation and energy resources. We offer Tossim simulator final year projects which simulate motes by abstracting hardware function and software modeling. We compose TinyOS sensor network with large number of small hardware devices.
Characteristics of Tossim:
We use Tossim characteristics :
- Time: Tossim interrupts time and it does not model the execution time.
- Fidelity: It captures TinyOS behavior at low level. It simulate network at bit level and interrupt every system.
- It ensures an abstraction and does not itself create model.
- It provide radio model.
- Power / energy.
- Building: Tossim build directly from TinyOS code.
- Imperfection: It create several simplify assumption, in which Tossim captures TinyOS behavior at very low level.
- Networking: It simulate mica network stack, include MAC, encoding timing and synchronous acknowledgements.
- Authority: It deploy real world TinyOS which is very complex and high variable behavior.
Architecture of Tossim Simulator:
We ensure Tossim architecture with various components for student’s projects and they are described as:
- TinyOS Component Graph (Frames):
A component graph is the fundamental part to understand TinyOS program.
- Execution Model (Events):
- Every event queue is the process of Tossim.
- We model interrupts through simulator events.
- Models (Radio and ADC Models):
We ensure models for Tossim simulator and they are categorized as follows:
- Radio Model:
- We implement radio model as simple radio model and lossy radio model.
- Every radio model describes the transmission character from one node to another these are given as collision, signal strength and interference.
- ADC Models:
ADC referred as Analog Digital conversion, it exhibit as two model they are Random, Generic.
- Hardware Abstraction Components:
- TinyOS run on motes which abstracts each hardware resource as components.
- It replaces the small number of components such as ADC, clock and EEPROM.
Advantages of Tossim Simulator:
We developed 90+ Tossim Simulator projects and we attained following advantages are:
- Every node can evaluated under perfect transmission conditions
- Architecture is simple and powerful emulator for WSN.
- Hidden terminal problems are captured.
- Tossim support thousands of node simulation.